The Sims 3: Pets Features and Honest Reviews




The Sims 3: Pets is a particular expansion pack. The Sims 3: Pets make your Sim's life is better with Pets! You can choose pets from more than 40 big and small dog breeds and more than 20 cat breeds. You're also can decide what skills to develop and wishes to fulfill. If you want to make your pets unique looks, you can customize your pets then assign their distinctive personalities. With new Karma Powers to treat or torture your Sims and pets, your Sim’s life is so much more pleasant with pets! It seems interesting huh?

The Sims 3: Pets

Here are some features on The Sims 3:Pets

The Sims 3:Pets Features


The Sims 3: Pets - Cat and Dog

  • More pets mean more fun! Create a wide variety of unique dogs, cats, and—for the first time ever—horses! Build a collection of lizards, turtles, snakes, and birds. Think your Sim has what it takes to tame a wild horse?
  • Be the Pet. Wield control of your Sim’s pet to chase, dig, tackle and more. Be the perfect companion or wreck havoc on your Sims!
  • Pets have their own traits! From intelligent, brave, and friendly to hydrophobic, skittish, and clueless to gentle, fast, and agile, determine the personality of your Sims’ pets.

If you want to know what people say about The Sims 3: Pets, you can see their honest reviews below. They have been bought and played this game before write their reviews.

The Sims 3: Pets


Reviewed by NatS

I've been waiting for Sims 3 pets since I first heard about it and I must say, it was worth the wait! I had trouble with the code (EA gave me the wrong code) but other than that, no problems so far. The detail in the pets is amazing, and there are so many more interactions you can do with your pet than you could have had in Sims 2. Sims 3 Pets is worth the money because you get so much with this expansion. A new town is included, as well as new furniture, clothes, hairstyles, patterns, and there's an Ice Cream truck that rides around the city! You won't get bored of this game anytime soon, that's for sure.

Reviewed by Capn_Underpants

Well, if you're a fan of previous 'Pet Expansion Packs' then this is something you'll definitely like. Instead of going through what I do like (since I know most people here have already done that), I'll tell you the things I don't like.

1) Warnings --> You get 1 warning if your pet is getting neglected. After that they take ALL of your pets away. Getting caught up in the story of your sim or having a baby like I did made me not socialize with my cat as much. In the end all 5 of my animals were taken away because my cat got too needy to socialize (see #3). That's a big turn off. Then when I try and adopt my pets back they say that I can't adopt for a while. So all of my animals get adopted by others and I can't see them anymore.

2) Buying Objects --> Buying your pet objects is located where the baby section is. However, it doesn't have ALL of the pet supplies in it. So I had to filter and scroll and scroll and scroll to just find a ball for my dog and horse. Why wouldn't that be where all the pet stuff is? Why is this stuff hidden? It's a inconvenience.

3) Socialize Moodlet --> This moodlet is the one I find the most annoying. I feel like I have to talk to them forever for it to increase. And for a family with a great number of pets it gets annoying. You have to go from one to the other and when you finally finish the first pet needs to be talked to again. It leaves no time for 'sim' time.

That's about it. I think it's a well done game overall. It's a lot harder the more pets/sims you have. So I suggest starting out slow would be the best.

Reviewed by Vicki Moyer

Praises for Pets! Compared to the previous four Sims 3 expansion packs, this one is a 5-Star winner! I had no troubles with the install once I removed my mod files. Afterwards, I returned all mods but the one needing an update and had no problems with the game. (Remember to apply the DEP fix for Window 7.)

I want to rave about the in-game animations. The graphic artists at EA paid close attention to details and captured tons of lifelike movements of our furry friends. Dogs and cats frisk and pounce, eat, sleep, hunt, beg, scratch, roll over and play dead, just like living dogs and cats. I don't have a pet anymore and sorely miss her but watching the little sim cats and dogs play on my monitor brings me both pleasure and melancholic delight. If you don't appreciate the artistry that went into animating these little sims animals then you have missed the joy of Sims 3 Pets.

Want a custom pet? Enter Create A Sim for Pets. Peruse the prebuilt breeds. There are dozens of them. Or build your own mutt or stray cat (or horse). CAS for the animals has lots of "sliders" and customizations, perhaps even more than CAS for sim people. After getting the hang of the advanced options, I created the perfect Schnauzer and Siberian Husky. My cat is a Manx-Scottish Fold with cheetah-like markings. Assign your pets their own personality traits and unleash them into a new household.

High free-will sims will care for their pets. Don't need to worry about filling the food dish or getting the animals' attention. My household of four handles their cat and two dogs easily.

I was bored with Sims 3 and all the expansion packs until now. I watch the pets more than the household sims. I'm having a blast and appreciating all the hard, hard work EA artists and programmers put into this game. I highly recommend Sims 3 Pets over all the other expansion packs. Now if EA would just come out with a fabulous Seasons. Diehard sims fans can only hope.

The Sims 3:Pets - Horse

The Sims 3:Pets is available for Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, PC and Mac. If you want to learn more or buy The Sims 3:Pets, you can visit Amazon.

1 comments:

darci said...

At first I thought the pets thing would get old - after all, I remember Giga Pets and that concept was interesting for maybe 2 hours. Anyway, finally just picked up this expansion pack and it is surprisingly fun! I have spent literally hours just playing around with the coat design features, you can really create distinguishable animals.

Also, this add-on has some new songs in Simlish, and those are always hilarious. My favorite has gotta be "Television" by Jack's Mannequin, it is such a trip to hear that song in Simlish, I wonder how they do that?