The Midsummer Fire Festival will run from Thursday, June 21 to Wednesday, July 4 this year. While there are actually not a lot of achievements associated with the Midsummer Fire Festival -- the meta awards the Flame Warden title to Alliance players and the Flame Keeper title to Horde players but there are only six achievements. Serious travel time is needed for three of them , and one also requires a set of dangerous trips to enemy capitals.
Whats New in Midsummer Fire Festival 2012There are now achievements for Cataclysm and Northrend. In addition, a new hat is now available.
New in Cataclysm
Midsummer Fire Festival Neutral bonfires are located in the Cataclysm zones with the Earthen Ring that will give 15 Burning Blossoms. Ahune has ilvl 353 items. No other changes, other than the bonfires being slightly moved around.
Midsummer Fire Festival Overview
- Ribbon Poles provide a 10% experience boost when dancing with them that can last up to a full hour in addition to zone wide buffs that allow you to deal additional fire damage.
- Lord Ahune resides in the Slave Pens and offers ilvl 232 cloaks, a staff, and a new companion pet in addition to 2 Frost emblems daily.
- Daily Quests provide additional gold and Burning Blossoms and are located in your capital cities for some quick and easy cash.
- Bonfires are located through Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Outland, and Northrend. You can honor your faction's flames or extinguish the opposing faction's flames for money and Burning Blossoms.
- Burning Blossoms can be turned into vendors for holiday related loot or be used to ignore bonfires and provide your faction a zone wide bonus.
- The Flame Keeper (Horde) / The Flame Warden (Alliance) The meta-achievement that requires all of the Midsummer Fire Festival achievements to be completed.
- Burning Hot Pole Dance You will need 400 Burning Blossoms to buy all three pieces of the Summer Outfit (Vestment/Sandals of Summer and Mantle of the Fire Festival). Then spin on a ribbon pole.
- Desecration of the Alliance / Desecration of the Horde You will need to complete all three extinguishing achievements in order to gain this one.
- Extinguishing Kalimdor Extinguish all of the opposing faction's flames in Kalimdor.
- Extinguishing Eastern Kingdoms Extinguish all of the opposing faction's flames in the Eastern Kingdoms.
- Extinguishing Outland Extinguish all of the opposing faction's flames in Outland.
- The Fires of Azeroth You will need to complete all three Flame Keeper achievements in order to get this one.
- Flame Keeper of Kalimdor Honor all of your faction's flames in Kalimdor.
- Flame Keeper of Eastern Kingdoms Honor all of your faction's flames in Eastern Kingdoms.
- Flame Keeper of Outland Honor all of your faction's flames in Outland.
- King of the Fire Festival You must complete 'A Thief's Reward' which requires you to steal the flames from the opposing faction's capital cities.
- Ice the Frost Lord Defeat Lord Ahune.
- Torch Juggler Take 10 Juggling Torches and use them within 15 seconds on the ground below your character. That will make you juggle over 40 torches within 15 seconds. This has to be done in Dalaran.
Festival Vendor Items
This is list of items you can buy with Burning Blossoms. You can't return items that you've bought.
|Fiery Festival Brew||2|
|Juggling Torch (x5)||5|
|Handful of Summer Petals||2|
|Fire-toasted Bun (x5)||5|
|Elderberry Pie (x5)||5|
|Midsummer Sausage (x5)||5|
|Bag of Smorc Ingredients (x5)||5|
|Toasted Smorc (x5)||5|
|Clothes & Misc|
|Mantle of the Fire Festival||100|
|Vestment of Summer||100|
|Sandals of Summer||200|
|Brazier of Dancing Flames||350|
|Captured Flame (Companion Pet)||350|
- Orgimmar: Located in the Valley of Wisdom near Mannoroth's armor.
- Undercity: In the courtyard.
- Silvermoon City: All the way in the back, located in the Court of the Sun.
- Thunder Bluff. On the Spirit Rise.
- Stormwind: North of the Mage Quarter.
- Ironforge: Hall of Explorers, be careful going up the hill.
- The Exodar: Inside The Crystal Hall.
- Darnassus: Inside of Rut'theran Village, you don't even have to go inside.
Capital City Quests
- The Spinner of Summer Tales Breadcrumb quest to take you to a Festival Talespinner/Loremaster who starts 'Incense for the Festival Scorchlings.' Is an optional quest.
- Incense for the Festival Scorchlings (1 Burning Blossoms) Turn this quest in outside of a city to a Scorchling. Only awards 1 Burning Blossom.
- [Daily] Torch Tossing (5 Burning Blossoms) You will need to use a Torch and throw it into one of the marked braziers. You must hit 8 targets within the allotted time.
- [Daily] Torch Catching (5 Burning Blossoms) You need to light your torch at the bonfire then throw it up in the air and catch it. You must catch it four times in a row. You can see where it's going to land by looking at the shadow on the ground.
- Unusual Activity Accept this quest from any Earthern Ring Elder who will give you a Totemic Beacon. Go to the Zoram Strand in Ashenvale and kill the Twilight Hammer located there. Loot a Twilight Correspondence to complete the quest. Use your beacon in order to summon a guide who will accept the quest and give you a new one.
- An Innocent Disguise Use the orb and go to 9,12 in Ashenvale and wait for the quest to complete.
- Inform the Elder Return to a capital city and turn the quest in.
- Striking Back (67+) Go to 84,47 in Hellfire Peninsula, use the stone, and then kill the Glacial Templar that spawns.
4:30 PM | Labels: MMORPG |