Rage Game Review - Read Honest Reviews from Real Gamers!




Read this Rage game review from real gamers before you decide to buy it! This Rage game review can help you to find more information about Rage review that written based on real experiences. Most of gamers of Rage feel satisfied with this game and they write their Rage game review honestly! As we know, Rage has been released on Oct 4, 2011. Rage is available for Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Rage is published by Bethesda Softworks and developed by id Software. Before we read Rage game review, let's we read a short description of Rage game first:

Rage Game Review

RAGE is a groundbreaking first-person shooter set in the not-too-distant future after an asteroid impacts Earth, leaving a ravaged world behind. You emerge into this vast wasteland to discover humanity working to rebuild itself against such forces as bandit gangs, mutants, and the Authority – an oppressive government regime that has a special interest in you in particular. Featuring intense first-person shooter action, breakneck vehicle combat, an expansive world to explore and jaw-dropping graphics powered by id's revolutionary id Tech 5 technology, RAGE promises an experience like no other. Fearing a planet-wide extinction from a massive asteroid headed towards Earth, world leaders are faced with the inexorable task of ensuring human survival. Left with few alternatives, life-sustaining pods filled with select people are buried deep beneath the earth's surface. You are one of the chosen members of these modern day arks and abruptly enter the RAGE universe after surfacing alone. Leaving you to your own devices to stay alive in a world filled with those who prefer you dead, RAGE combines powerful storytelling with heart-pounding action.

Rage Game Review


Rage Game Review (2)

Review by T. Peterson "tljbcrew"

This review is not a comparison to other games. Only my personal experience so far.

This is a very early review for me but I was so excited to get it out there I couldn't resist. I can't imagine it going anywhere but uphill from here. First of all wow, DOOM feel from 17 years ago when I sat down at that game came rushing back in an instant. This game doesn't waste any time getting you into the action. This game after 2 hours of play is already worth every cent I spent on it.
At the start, I felt that the game did a fantastic job of making the story capture your attention without dragging it out. The story line, use of weapons, navigation, missions etc.. we all woven perfectly together so you could keep moving and not bogging you down with a lot of dialog, text to read, or lengthy tutorials to get you started.

Graphics are top notch. Nothing really more to go into here, we expect this out of most games now days and this one hits it right on the head. They seem to have put a tremendous amount of time and energy to adding as much detail into every square foot of landscape. I found myself wanting to walk around and hunt for new and interesting things, which is what they want you to do because you find a lot of useful things around every corner. I knew you had to find things to use in the game but they did a marvelous job at making it fun and exciting to do. It also wasn't confining, there is no predictable path to follow. The game features a dotted arrow in a corner map that helps keep you on track for a current mission but allows you to venture out at the same time but feel good about being able to get back to what you wanted to accomplish.

Neat features so far:
Revive
If you find yourself getting slaughtered by the enemy the game offers an amazing new ability to revive yourself and get back into the action. Even when you first encounter this feature it can be a little confusing since it is such a new thing for games but I found no matter how poorly I did at it I was still able to get back on my feet and continue. After a little practice you can get up with much more health and not worry about having to start at an earlier save point. Which brings me to the next feature.

Save Save Save
This is what reminds me most of Doom. Save and save often. After you get into the habit this isn't a problem but if you get so immersed into the game you will forget. It only took me one time to die and go back to a save point that was much further back in the game than I wanted. Never again though. I found myself saving the game more often before I rounded corners or wondered into a new area. I love this about the game. It gave me more control so I can quit when I wanted without having to hit some checkpoint.

Missions
So far there were missions galore and they all seemed to flow nicely together without getting to much on your plate at one time. If you ever forget what to do next just hit select, toggle over to your mission and poof there they are.

Weapons
I haven't played the game in great enough length yet to explore all of the weapons the game claims to offer but my review is this. When reviewing the trailer for this game I was concerned there would be too much for me to handle and button control and swapping to whatever I needed to use would be too cumbersome. I am a one gun guy. I was very happy to find that the game takes its time throwing you too much at one time. For example, the use of the boomerang and pistol were a piece of cake. For Xbox, the pistol trigger was RB while my assigned secondary weapon (boomerang in this case) was LB. As monsters were coming at me I found it extremely simple to launch my boomerang and/or shoot at the same time. The sensitivity of my movements was a little fast for me at the start but I am getting used to it quickly. However, I am sure there is a feature to slow it down; I just didn't need to do that yet.

Find Junk or not Junk
Because I tend to pop in a game and just go I often figure things out in a game too late. However, this game makes it easy to make mistakes without mounting frustration. Meaning, you will find a ton of random things if you look (i.e small gears, empty bottles, and dirty bandages). But I kept wondering what they were for. My mistake was I found out that I could cash in all my junk and use it to buy more boomerangs or bullets. Only minutes later I found out that I could combine random items to make useful things. It will tell you so you don't have to figure it out but after I make the mistake I could easily buy it back and combine them. Also do yourself a favor and pick up everything you can, look in boxes, on top of stuff, on dead bodies etc.. There is much to find right off the bat without much effort at all.

Happy gaming!

Review by T. Burns "Slackjaw"

The flood of great games over the last two years I believe has spoiled many gamers. It's easy to tear apart new experiences because they are similar or different than what you have done before. Maybe you beat Fallout 3 times and saw every morsel of dirt to be seen, maybe you leveled up in borderlands all the way up to 69 (I think this is the level cap). If so I can understand not finding RAGE a completely new experience. Maybe this is why it has garnered some mixed attention. Some like it because it doesn't attempt to be an RPG clone of Fallout (or many games coming out these days Morality choices to lead you down the "good" or the "bad" path with a wheel of abilities to craft your hero.

This is not what RAGE is all about. It does not attempt to be anything else but a shooter with some decent driving elements. You won't level up or become the next Wasteland Champion. No, RAGE is all about exploring the worlds that Bethesda painfully created and shooting a bunch of mutants along the way. If you go into this game expecting that... You will come out enjoying a great gaming experience. Now that I have explained what the game is... How does it do at achieving its goal...?

1. At the top of my list are the graphics 5/5... This is a truly beautiful game. Stop on the way to the first Ghost camp and look at the detail in the "metal trees" the mutants created around their base. It takes you to a different place and emerses you in the detail. I caught myself MANY TIMES!!! Looking around at the textures and sites of this new world (er.. old world). This is no doubt one of the best polished games out there. It is beautiful. Personally I can live with the 3 discs on the 360 version but I bet it looks great on the PS3 as well. This is a big draw and reason to spend some time here. The mutants are varied and animations are quite well done. It's really cool to see the mutant you just shot limping over to you for one last attack before you blow his helmet off and then seal the deal with a headshot. The targeting system was top notch and I felt my shots were true... Especially when using the scope. Good stuff. Fun.

2. Gameplay 4/5
3. Fun Factor 5/5
I give it 4 on gameplay because of the lack of a meaningful character creation system or anything that would allow you to cusomize the look of your character. Not a big deal but we are in 2011 and in case Bethesda forgot to check- it's a pretty popular ingredient in modern gaming to be able to build your character based on choice. This is not that animal here. There is no real ability system to speak of outside of buying new items at the merchant locations. So the gameplay (while fun) reminded me of some of your last generation shooters that focused on gameplay and firefights more than customization.
That is not to say that the guns and upgrades you find by completing quests from NPCS do help add the feel of customization but it's aesthetic at best. This is a pure by the numbers shooter (much like you remember when you played DOOM all those years ago). Experience the enemies, the world, and the Weapons. Cut.... repeat.

Story 3/5
I should really fault this game for not having much in the way of a story (as I like a good story) but the gameplay is good and the NPC quests keep you on the path from one objective to another. This certainly could have been improved as there is a wonderful world that use some history to make us understand why we are in this apocolypse anyway. I didn't fault several recent games for lack of story (I'm looking squarely at you Dead Island!) It's a game that doesn't take itself too seriously and the gamer should treat it that way to properly enjoy the game.

Controls 3/5 eh... It's about what you'd expect. Not bad- not groundbreaking either.

In short, let it be what it is and you will have a great time shooting down the denizens of the wasteland of RAGE... Hope this helps in your decision.. Thank you for reading.

Review by A. Iverson "Isaac, Amy's son"

This isn't gonna be a long review because it doesn't need to be. While Rage's narrative is a tad derivative, its characters have a sort of endearing uniqueness that's rarely seen in the gaming medium and that's helped along by jaw-dropping visuals that look like they're from the next generation of consoles. Everything from the character models to the guns to the environments to the brutal fatalities of enemies looks (and sounds) incredible. Of course, that doesn't matter if the gameplay isn't there to support it. Rage's gunplay can be summed up by one word: perfect. The controls are tight and responsive and enemies respond to every bullet that's unloaded into them, resulting in a deeply satisfying shooting experience that is further enhanced by ingenious enemy AI that vaults off of the environment, jumping, ducking and sprinting between cover and using grenades and group tactics to outmaneuver and flank you, the player. The guns, while generic at first glance, are all painstakingly re-imagined for Rage's immersive post-apocalyptic world. The driving is expertly-crafted as well, with some insanely well done driving controls and epic, high-stakes vehicular combat.

If you're a fan of shooters, get Rage. If you're a fan of RPGs, get Rage. If you're a fan of action games, get Rage. If you're a fan of amazing games and have the courage to step out of your comfort zone and try out a new IP this busy Fall season, get Rage. I can assure you, you will not be disappointed.

Each Rage game review above is taken from Amazon. If you want to buy a Rage game, I'm highly recommend to you to buy it from Amazon because they have great source of information and a lot of reviews of this game.

0 comments: